Every organization needs a portal.
Whether it’s meant to be social, collaborative or just resource sharing – they all need some sort of portal that facilitates one or more of those 3 main problems.
If you’re 1 or 2 people, you could be sitting right next to each other, but you still need a way to manage all your knowledge and conversations with customers or business. I don’t think it would be advantageous to use email and your local computer to share resources – that seems highly inefficient.
If you’re 20 people, all far from each other or remotely located, you definitely need a portal! Communication will be a really big issue.
One aspect that has changed over the years is how information is consumed and shared. No company can live without it. Period. Whether it is industry information, competitor information, corporate news, employees’ personal knowledge and interests, etc. This is absolutely valuable to companies of all sizes – small or large. As the Intranets have failed, Enterprise Social Networks have become the only medium for employees to discover and share information. So, if it is related with information and collaboration – yes, ESNs are effective and every company can find some value in it based on how many employees participate.
ESN highlights on the following basic needs but not limited;
- Centralized data repository
- Communicating with with collagues for personal or work purpose
- Assigning a task to a team member
- Working on a collaborative project, task and document
- They have more than a roomful of people.
- They have people who work in more than one location.
- They need a reliable, single source of truth for resources, documents, procedures, etc.
- They want transparency and intimacy to drive collaboration and effectiveness
- They must deliver a reliable and consistent service
- They have or may have employee turnover or hiring.
- Employees need to learn.
- All the companies require a platform which helps them share knowledge easily & conveniently to make their teams smarter.